Sep 21, 2009

Monday, Monday...

just noticed I need to update my photo since my hair has grown a lot, and I no longer wear bangs...

Hi There!

So many recipes to share I'm going to dive right in.

I have been about 98% raw now for four weeks! It looks silly when I see it in writing, but it feels like quite an accomplishment to me : ) The only non-raw meals have been on 4-5 social occasions where I could not keep raw, and didn't want to draw attention to myself or make a big deal about it. That's only 4-5 meals out of almost a month, if you look at it that way. When I'm at home I eat raw.
It would seem we've given up coffee completely. Carlos is the coffee maker, and for the last few mornings he hasn't made it, so we haven't had it! Before that, I was having less than 1/2 cup day, and never finishing that.

So, what have I been enjoying?

Carrot Pate (how do you get the accent grav on blogspot text editor? hmmm. Just pretend it's there)
  • 4 carrots, 1 clove garlic
chop in food processor w/ S blade.
Add in, and blend thoroughly;
  • 1/3 cup raw tahini (Artisana makes)
  • 2T Olive oil
  • 3T lemon juice (i juice whole lemon through juicer)
  • 1T ginger juice (I juice ginger piece through juicer after lemon)
  • 1/2 t celtic sea salt
  • 1t dried mustard
  • pinch cayenne
Pour into bowl, and fold in chopped scallions. We added chopped cilantro also, although the recipe didn't call for it. Serve with crackers, veggie stix, whatever!

Pasta Marinara
WOW, this is good. I could almost eat every night (*blush* for admitting)

I saw this on a youtube video and didn't catch the amounts so I wing it each time, but it works out. By the way there are TONS of youtube videos for raw food recipes, and I get a LOT of ideas from these.

into food processor with S blade, blend
  • fresh tomatoes, quartered (4 or 5?)
  • 1 lg red bell pepper or 2 med (this adds the sweetness - don't skimp here)
  • 1 cup soaked sundried tomatoes. I've use oil packed, drained, and also dried reconstiuted with water. Both work fine. Rawfromthefarm.com sells raw sundried tomatoes.
  • large clove garlic, pressed through garlic press
  • olive oil (1/4 -1/3 cup?)
  • generous sprinkle each of dried basil, and dried oregano. I haven't tried yet with fresh oregano, and I've used fresh basil a few times. The youtube vid recommends not skimping on these seasonings.
  • celtic sea salt (don't need much if using oil packed tomatoes.)
After blending sauce, either pour over spiralized zucchini, or better yet (saw this on another vid and loved it) remove S blade, and replace with shredder blade. Shred zucchini right onto processor bowl with sauce.
Turn entire concoction out into a serving bowl and mix. Sprinkle Rawmesan, Parma, or nutritional flakes on top for extra flavor that mimmicks parmesan cheese.

Chocolate cookies
I made this up to use figs that were coming in faster than we could eat!
  • fill processor bowl fitted with S blade half way with quarted figs (it's a lot!). Process into liquid, pour into large mixing bowl.
stir in
  • three large heaping spoons of raw cacao powder (Zahhhh!!!)
  • about a 1/4 c honey
  • two scoops of protein powder we have called "Hemp Maca E3live" for added nutrition
  • 1 cup Raw Bakery raw spouted 14 grain muesli
spread out on dehydrator tray with teflex sheets and score with back of knife into desired shapes, or drop by spoonful and flatten.
dehydrate overnight, then flip and dehydrate a few more hours.

there's more but I need to take a brake and do some work around the house. I'll post more recipes later!

No comments: