Feb 11, 2009

I'm back

I'm back from Tucson! Being gone for 6 days threw me off bit regarding my raw diet. I brought raw snacks (more than i needed, actually : ) and was able to munch on these during the days for the most part. But I drank a little more coffee in the am than I would have if I had my juice. Man, i missed my green juices! But I brought ground Cherry Bean Italian raost coffee with me and it was goooooood..... But I have definitely cut back. Because before this two month raw endeavor, I would need some kind of caffeine in the afternoon. And even with not drinking the juices, I only had a mid-day iced espresso two of the days, and I felt fine. So this is good.

The first day I went to a grocery store and got some snap peas (they were tough), a box of Earthbound arugula to munch over the days (I had pinches of this out of the box as I got ready in the a.m., and it actually was good. Strange), green grapes, some green apples (skin was tough; had to peel), and 2 gallons of water for coffee and drinking.

I packed snacks for the day, each day. My mom and I would skip a formal lunch or buying anything. We would just take a break and eat what we had brought. It helped that we ate a protein breakfast each morning at the lodge before leaving. I had a spinach/veggie omelet that was very fresh, along with some fruit (no toast or potatoes or juice). One of the nights I tried their Ventana salad and it was good, so I ordered it for breakfast one time also (no dressing) : ) It had a lot of fresh berries, mandarin orange slices, baby leaves, spiced pecans, a few blue cheese crumbles. It was really good! I must say the food at the lodge we stayed at was very fresh and good.

So for the past two days I am focusing on juicing. Although after my yoga this morning, I made a killer green smoothie. It contained;
  • kale leaves (I take out the rib and save that for juicing)
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cutie tangerine
  • green grapes
  • fine unsweetened coconut
  • ground flax seed
  • raw chocolate nibs (unsweetened)
  • hemp seeds
  • goji berries
  • lots of cold water
Yum!!

No comments: