I never would have thought I'd be saying (or writing) this, but I really have grown to like wheat grass! I said I would never buy it again, and yet I have three pints in various stages of growth on my kitchen windowsill : ) I actually even craved it today and had a mid-morning juice just to accommodate my craving.
I bought an large yellow heirloom tomato yesterday at Whole Foods. Sliced it, topped with fresh basil leaves and raw olive oil, as a salad for dinner. Then come to find it the tomato was tasteless and pithy. Ugh. So today I juiced it in my second juice. Along with two small lemons, a few collard leaves, some kale, green grapes, an apple, a few 'limequats', and snap peas. Not too sweet, but not bad either.
Carlos is enjoying a full range of raw snacks now, and basically eats raw throughout the day. He likes raw sprouted grain granola with almond milk in the morning, and then crackers, seeds, a few nuts, and fruit during the day. At night we've been cooking, but eat as much raw as possible, and then the only cooked food is steamed or sauteed vegetables and a small amount of protein, and sometimes a wheat pasta or brown rice. The starch is mostly for the kids, but we'll have a few bites.
Overall, our diet has improved immensely!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment