Coconut butter. Oh. My. Goodness. I never considered myself much of a coconut fan, although I do remember liking them when I was little. My Dad would buy mature coconuts and bring them home. We'd drain the water through a hole made with a nail, and then split it with a hammer (yes) and eat the meat. Now that I am older, this memory seems odd and funny to me, in that we lived in upstate NY! How strange is that?
Well, raw coconut butter tastes nothing like toasted coconut. In fact it makes the toasted version seem rancid! Another "how crazy is that"? : ) I read that adults can have up to two tbs. raw coconut butter or oil a day, and I for one plan on gettin' my share!! I had it spread on green crackers today. Oh yeah, I need to add Lydia's cracker products to my 'raw fav' list.
missed out on starting my 2 day streak : ) of 100% raw... Did well the whole day but come dinner, I just wanted protein. SO, I think my body is telling me something (and I'm listening!). If I am going to get enough protein raw, I need to up my grains and leafy greens. I am getting a lot of leafy greens through my juicing, so I think it's more a grains issue. Also I have to remember sea vegetables (nori, wakame, hajiki, etc...) Always tweaking!!!
OH, I read this idea I thought was clever, for 'raw' protein powder. I don't use protein powder, but Carlos does so I read it with interest. It's simple. They just dehydrate peas, and then pulverize in a food processor until powder form. Mix it into any drink (probably juice would be best to hide the taste. Peas are 19% protein! That's crazy. Hey, I am using snap peas in my juicing, so I must be getting protein from these, no?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment