Jan 9, 2009

must be transition

Today;
  • a juice this morning around 7am ('kitchen sink' greens, vegetable and fruit),
  • half a Lara bar at 9am,
  • a sprouted english muffin with coconut butter at 11 (beyond yum! and filling),
  • Watermelon juice at 1:30 - I did not like this - Carlos did. Drank mine anyway.
  • some raw cashews at 4:30.
  • snacked on small amount of cheese (raw, hard, from Whole Foods, forget the name) and raw Greek olives while preparing mustard greens.

For dinner I tried a new raw recipe, 'Sautéed Mustard greens' but didn't realize until I started making it that it needed to marinate for up to 12 hours. So I really had mustard green salad. Plus I think I didn't make enough dressing to render them "sautéed" for the amount of greens I cut. It's ok, it tasted really good).
Along with that I had some La Tur cheese on celery pieces (not raw; Italian, combination of cow, goat and sheep milks, that is OUT. OF. THIS. WORLD. My new obsession.

Got weak at the end of dinner and had the remaining Amy's pizza that the kids had been eating. Two very small slices. It was fab. That's the only non-raw I ate today. Hence my title of this post. I am clearly not 100% but consider how I am doing, good, if one considers that everything requires transition. Meanwhile, I continue to educate myself and read everything i can get my hand on so to speak, about raw foods. The more I read the better informed I feel I'll be to decide what is for me and what is not.

No comments: