Jan 3, 2009

juicing, so far...

My favorite juice ingredients. I tend towards green juices, vs pure fruit;
  • Kale
  • Lemon (meyer, from our tree)
  • apple
  • parsley
  • cucumber (I feel like this adds a hydrating aspect to the juice; don't know if this is true or not, but that's how it feels)
  • carrot
  • lettuce
  • pear
  • orange
Tonight we had a left over tossed salad (dry, no dressing) from last night, that did not get eaten at dinner. So I decided to juice it and see what it tasted like (there were no onions in it). Carlos did suggest adding an apple. I thought of "sweetnees" with the apple, which I didn't want, but later he said he was thinking for tartness, which actually it needed.

Anyway, the salad included arugula, radish, tomato, alfalfa sprouts, mung bean sprouts, and cucumber.
The juice was a brownish green (hmmm) and tasted like, well, salad water. I bravely drank half of it, and then went back to the juicer and added one small apple and one small lemon. Infinitely better and drinkable : )

Other juicing notes; we bought Alicia a juicer for her belated christmas present. She was excited to taste and see the results of ours, so we surprised her with one. Yay!

And today we have one going out to Santa Cruz.... : )

No comments: