Jan 16, 2009

Friday

Last night I made sautéed chard. Used a little garlic and olive oil and I didn't cook the heck out of it. I washed and spun the chard to get all the water off first. I think that's why it came out so good. Even Josefina liked it!!

Tonight we had tuna salad, with a large green salad including celery, red bell peppers, sweet onions, with avocado and raw greek olives on the side. It was fab!!!!!

The weather was in the 70's today, and I went for a 5 mile run, and did great! Is it cumulative effects of all the juicing??? (I hope, but don't really know). I only had one small cup of coffee today, around 11:30.

Got a new shipment of Lydia's crackers/bread and her green powder in the mail today. I havent tried the green powder - I'll let you kow what I think. My reason for buying is I want to experiment and find something I like and that works for me, to use as a supplement when traveling (when green juicing won't be an option)

I have been ordering books, and two that came today look interesting. I'll list the titles in a future post (I don't have the books handy to get it correctly). Yesterday I received "The Idiot's Guide to Raw Food Cooking" (no kidding, there's an Idiot's Guide!!) This is the book I am perusing and it looks like it has some great recipes! Carlos is interested in trying out some raw dishes so I want to ake advantage of this. Even though it sounds like an easy goal, I want to try at least one new raw recipe a week. That way we'll slowly build a nice repertoire.

Today I tried a juice combo that I wanted to tell you about, because I don't think the combo was that great. I am sure it was healthy though! My morning juice was a green one, with my usual "Green Giants" of kale, cucumber, lemon, grapes, apple and parsley. This was super.

Later though, after my run, I was thinking 'hydrating' and made a juice with half a canteloup, celery, cucumber, lemon, and a few strawberries and green grapes that were laying around. It was ok, but really could have benefitted from something sweet, like a whole apple or orange. And I am not a 'sweet' person, but this really did need something. Just a littel data to pass on to my juicing friends : )

No comments: