Jan 6, 2009

back to school...

I need to add a few extra minutes to my morning, I realized today. Adding time to assemble ingredients and juice them, to making lunches and breakfasts needs planning.

Juice this morning;
  • spinach
  • cucumber
  • 1 1/2 lemons
  • small Empire apple
  • snap peas
  • parsley
Quite bright tasting, and not 'green'.

Smoothie around 10:30
  • Banana
  • Almond milk (although I though about this afterward, and I don't believe it's raw because I think the processing involves heat)
  • Chia seeds - read last night that this is what is making my smoothies pudding like. Chia is used in raw pudding recipes, and gets gelatinous when wet. It's highly nutritious, though!
  • Flax meal
  • 2 medjool dates
  • squeeze agave syrup
  • generous sprinkle fine unsweetened coconut (Bob's organic, but I don;t know if it's considered raw...)
  • small sprinkle cocoa nibs
12pm - gotta go get Vincent...

got hungry around 1:00, but couldn't eat until 2 (busy playing with Vincent. Some days he is happy playing with Alicia, some days he only wants mom). Now I am eating a large salad (left over from last night) with cracked pepper, olives (listed under 'fav foods' above), hemp seeds and olive oil. YUM! The olive oil rocks. Bariani (raw). I am craving an avo but I don;t have any. I am going to keep these around as a staple. I LOVE avocados! And I never even had one (outside of guacamole a few times ) until I moved to CA. So funny.

Yay! Carlos bought me organic avo's at EB farm on the way home from picking up Josefina : )

For dinner I baked this big round orange wrinkly squash (japanese, I think?) that I got at earthbound and it was so sweet it needed no butter, salt, nothin. The kids wanted pasta with sauce, so I had the squash with some organic tomato sauce and it was fab. Carlos roasted his baking powder chicken and I had a little of that too. What a yummy dinner!

Now its yoga time : )

No comments: