Today was almost completely raw (!). Although I didn't plan it that way, that's how it ended up. Started with a green juice in the am, then another at noon (although here's where I go wrong, and need to change; I need a banana/flax/chia smoothie at noon for the fats and nutrition, not a juice. I'm learning).
Anyway, my skin was bothering me today - too dry. So I actually took a small spoon of olive oil. I have no idea if this would help , but it was a reactionary response : ) Dry skin can be a detox response, or a result of too little fats in one's diet.
Around four I had a large bowl of wakame sprinkled with furikake, alongside half an avocado, and it was fantastic.
For dinner I had a large salad with celery, tomatoes, sweet onion, drizzled with raw olive oil. I ate accompanied with 1/4 avocado, raw greek olives, raw milk raclette bites. YUm!
My energy was not great today, but I didn't fight it. I ran only 1 mile before giving up and showering. I got enough sleep last night, too. But I didn't stress, and was ok with it. Tomorrow I'll run harder and longer. As long as I feel good at the end of the day, its a good one.
This raw food diet will take a while for me to adjust to, I can tell. It's confusing whether to know to follow those who say 80-95% raw if best, and those who tout 100% raw. I just need to do what I can and feel like, and then see where it takes me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment