Jan 7, 2009

I may have a cohort...

Yesterday, I mentioned to Carlos (really just running it by him) my interest in possibly doing a 30day trial 100% raw, and Carlos was not that enthusiastic. But today, he was at the doctors and when he weighed himself, decided he really wants to lose weight. So he said he wants to do a raw diet trial with me!! We'll see. He's still not home and we haven't talked, but that would be cool to have him on board : )

This morning I juiced
  • Kale
  • meyer lemon
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • snap peas
  • parsley
  • d'anjou pear
  • green grapes
when I got home I had a sprouted eng. muffin, toasted, with butter. I need to find a spread substitute for butter. Maybe my raw honey. Just have to be mindful and not automatically reach for the butter : )

around 2 I had a few raw cashews and a bit later some sea crunchies as a snack.

4:30 juice
I went to Earthbound before picking up Josefina and they had purple Kale. Does anyone know if this is as nutritous as the green kind? I imagine it's missing chlorophyll? So maybe it's not as nutritious as the dark green kind? Hmmm. Anyway, I bought it : )

I also bought 'cilantro', which when I got home I realized I had actually picked up flat (italian) parsley. Whoops! I also bought meyer lemons. I can believe I have to pay for organic meyers (not cheap at this farm stand) when we have a tree outside. But my new juicing obsession currently has the tree bare, with only green fruits : )

so my juice included;
  • purple kale
  • flat parsley
  • 1 large honeycrisp apple
  • about 10 peeled baby carrots
  • 1 1/2 meyer lemons
I've been leaving my running till late in the day and then I am time crunched. Gotta change that. Ran 2 1/2 miles, hills, in 25 minutes. Oh well, it was a good workout.

Dinner was leftover roast chicken (it was delish cold with a touch balsamic dressing), a little squash, and a huge salad. That's two days in a row raw during the day and chicken (animal protein) at night. So I'm putting the next two days together 100% raw. We'll go from there : )

No comments: