Jan 3, 2009

slow down on the alcohol, my dear

So I've missed a few days blogging...

Had company and a WONDERFUL New year's EVE celebration...

Some observations re: the raw journey;
I have read that when one becomes raw or mostly raw their tolerance to alcohol goes way down. I experienced this friday night (1/2). I felt uncomfortably DRUNK (there simply is no other word, as harsh as it sounds!) by the time I had to put the kids to sleep around ten. We opened wine at 5pm as we were beginning dinner preparations for the children, and there were three (and later four) of us drinking, and we had shared three bottles in five hours. That may sound like a lot (?), but honesty I have drank more over the course of an evening and never felt the severely strong reaction as I did that night. Bed spins and all. It was awful. I didn't even get up to go back out after the children were asleep- how embarrassing! I had not eaten much at all, all day and I think that also had a lot to do with it. I juiced three times, had a Lara Bar in the afternoon, had a couple bites of olives, and some Foie gras around five, and then at dinner only ate a small slice of pork, and large salad, and one fingerling potato. Simply not enough.

Anyway it's all good because now I know to be aware and also not to drink so much, which is good for me anyway : ) Geez!!!

No comments: