Jan 13, 2009

tuesday

sorry I've taken a few days off from posting. I am still 'on the wagon', though : )

Sunday I tried a bit of wheatgrass in my juice. First time ever having this. Yikes! It smells very strongly like a petrochemical, if you ask me. Carlos actually doesn't mind it! I will use what I have (two pint growers), but I'm not sure I'll seek it out that often.

Could only find conventional lemons at the markets we went to over the weekend (Costco/Star). Meyer lemons make such a difference! I'm going to buy two meyer lemon trees; one (more) for the yard, and one for indoors. "...Must have lemons..."

Still having small amounts of protein at night. Just turns out that way. But it is much less than I used to eat, and I am very aware of portion and what is going into me. So that's good. I also had some of the dirty rice Carlos made with Bragg's (yum), and some jarred tomato sauce on my kelp noodles. I thought kelp noodles might imitate spaghetti, but they were too crunchy. Tasted fine though, just not a like pasta dish. But the experimenting is fun.

So I have been craving tomato sauce at night. What is this? Warmed. I've had it with steamed veggies (Enrico's is a tasty organic brand, not too expensive), and this does the trick. It's not a raw dish, but at least it's vegetable. But why tomato sauce? I bought tomatoes and I want to look up a raw sauce recipe and give it a whirl (pun intended).

This morning I made a green juice before school. That's my usual routine. I sip a little coffee (literally sips) while I make lunches. Then I juice. Later I bring a (not even full) mug of hot coffee on the way to school. But I am drinking much less coffee this way.

Got home around 10:15 and made a fruit juice with a quarter of a cantaloup! It was fab!! Also used a handful green grapes, one honeycrisp apple, one d'anjou pear, and two wedges lemon. Then I broke off a piece of Lydia's sunflower seed bread (dehydrated like a cracker, but thicker - a little goes a long way), and had with crumbled coconut butter (not warm enough for it to be soft). I still am loving coconut butter : )

No comments: