Jan 4, 2009

Sunday, Green Sunday....

This morning's juice, before a little coffee (waited 20 min. for juice to clear stomach). I make enough to fill the juice catch container. This is about 12-14 oz each for Carlos and I (yes, he's drinking it now!).
  • whole d'anjou pear
  • Kale
  • snap peas
  • lemon
  • parsley
  • cucumber
I didn't eat after that until 1:00, and wasn't hungry until then.

1:00 smoothie.
(note - I haven't made a smoothie in about 4-5 days, and I notice if I eat substantially raw during the day, or just for a few days, my skin feels dry. I think raw eating keeps me borderline low on the fats, so I need to be mindful of eating avocados, olive oil (I have a raw one), nuts, seeds, etc. )

With that in mind my smoothie included (get ready, its weird!)
2 small ripe bananas
cocoa nibs (raw)
1 small avocado
almond milk
splash agave syrup
spoon of flax meal
small sprinkle of chia
some hemp seeds
water

forgot my usual fine coconut and date. Maybe that's why it was more banana-y and not so sweet. But VERY creamy from the avo. I have read raw pudding recipes where they blend an avo with other ingredients. It became thick from the flax, and I need to get better at estimating volume- I made a lot! But I drank it all : ) Anyway, I'll get better at it.

4pm green juice - the 'Kitchen Sink' version
Kale
Parsley
Bok Choy (3 large leaves w/ stalk)
3 small carrots
snap peas
Fuji apple (one whole)
Cucumber (1/2, peeled
small meyer lemon

I haven't exercised today and maybe that is why I am cold. I think the raw also keeps my body temp lower (even than my usual temp!) so I need to bundle up, and also exercise. Tonight I'll do yoga.

For dinner I am making a noodle casserole. The kids like it and it's yummy. Not raw at all but I am going to try spelt noodles in place of regular pasta. I use good tuna, and top with an organic cream of mushroom soup (then bake in oven till warmed through). I think I had enough raw today, so I'm ok with it. Plus I really see this as a life long change for me. So I don't need to go from 0 to 60mph within a few weeks. : )

No comments: